click for more images
Here is an Officer's Garrison cap badge in sterling silver and 1/20 gold filled by Imperial, pin back. Together with two different 2nd Lieutenant Rank bars pin back fitting.
A matching pair of Navy Nursing Corps insignia, gilt finish, pin back with safety clasp in sterling silver.
Here we have a large USN Pilot Group Lt Theodore "Ted" Eskild who served in the Pacific with the VC80 Squadron flying torpedo bomber fighters on the USS Manila Bay Escort carrier on WWII.
Service Record - Operations in the Pacific
Gilbert and Marshall Islands campaign,
Western New Guinea campaign,
Battle off Samar,
Battle of Mindoro,
Invasion of Lingayen Gulf,
Operation Magic Carpet
Awards: 8 Battle stars
Consisting of the following items:-
1. Named to T.Eskild - Green Service Dress uniform, black braided rank of Lieutenant Junior Grade line Officer to the lower sleeves and Bullion Pilot Wings. In excellent condition jacket and trousers no moth.
2. USN Visor Cap named in excellent condition with an Officers badge on a cap band in sterling silver maker marked Viking.
3. Green Navy Garrison cap in good condition, no moth with pin back sterling Lt. rank to the right and pin back sterling Officer insignia to the left. Made by Gemsco branded "Top Flighter" and named.Sized at 7 1/8"
4. Summer Flying Helmet in used condition with service wear, fully wired with Type TH37A receivers and with issue label by Buaero, size 7 1/8" with leather chin strap.
5. Pair of An 6530 Flyers Goggles in good condition as worn, missing the elastic head strap.
6. A framed photographs. One is a formal picture of trainee pilots in uniform. Marked on the back Ted Eskild 2nd row from right pilot training Pensecola Fl.
6. Framed photo of squadron pilots in flight gear on the deck of the carrier posing in front of a Vought F4U Corsair. marked on the back composite squadron VC80 Ted Eskild first row far left USS Manila Bay escort carrier.
7. Un-framed photo of flight school squadron pilots posing in front of an aircraft (could be a SBD Dauntless
A-24 Banshee) autographed by the pilots Ted Eskild is 1st row 2nd from right.
US Navy Enlisted in silver and Officers in gold Scuba badge with clutch back fittings.
Sold as two badges they measure 1" x 1"
Scarce originals. Underwater Demolition Team 21 UDT 21 Fatigue Frogman Navy Tape Patch / SEALs.
A mint tape in good condition.
Have 4 only in stock.
A USN Officer cap badge, two piece construction in sterling silver and 1/20th 10K gold filled.
A quality full size two piece construction US Navy Officer cap badge in 1/10th 10K gold filled. Aged and tarnished (you may wish to polish this one) maker marked LBG
A set of two Navy Pilot wings.
1. A full size USN wing, pin back with safety clasp, maker marked Amico sterling + 1/20th-10K. Measures 2 3/4".
2. A miniature wing, pin back with safety catch maker marked Imperial. Measures 1 1/2"
Sold as 2 items.
USN Officer Garrison cap badge, maker marked Vanguard and 1/20th 10K filled. Clutch back fittings.
Measures 1 1/8" x 1 1/4"
A USN Flight Observer wing, pin back, marked on the back 1/20th 10K GF (gold filled).
Measures 2 3/4"
Naval Aviation Observer insignia granted to non-pilot/non-NFO aviation mission specialists such as in-flight Meteorologists or for Naval Intelligence or Cryptology officers who regularly fly as crew on selected naval aircraft.
website designed and maintained by Concept500